Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Happy Fall-time!

These guys get to hang out on the porch if I've got a close eye on 'em. Well, Hayduke is only allowed out there leashed or in a lap. Garfunkel knows what's up and just rolls around in the sun. Look how ridiculously happy they are in the sun. Garfunkel started attacking leaves and Hayduke is just overstimulated. I took Garf to the vet yesterday because he has lost a bit of weight recently. Turns out he's got hyperthyroidism. This sucks but not nearly as bad as the other options were. Treatable and he's starting his meds today. The vet said other than that, his blood results showed he was perfectly healthy, especially for an almost 20 year old cat :) Love my catboys. Camera Critters

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the hyperthyroidism club. Sinbad joined earlier this year. The vet gave him pills which his stomach could not tolerate - major puking. So now we're doing a transdermal treatment applied to his ear flaps twice a day. It works with no issues but is pricey. He looks great for almost 20. Sinbad is 15 so this gives me hope I'll have more years with my little buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Sinbad has many happy years ahead of him! I just started Garf on his meds today- the water based kind, not a pill. So far, so good. There seem to be a lot of options, all of which are fast acting, so I'm happy about that! Squishes to Sinbad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just TOO adorable! Hope your cat with hypothyroidism gets better with his meds soon.

    ReplyDelete